12826847

The police wish to interview me with regard to my sisters

Customer Question

The police wish to interview me with regard to my sisters sexual exploitation by a teacher as a witness the thing is the teacher tried to get me as well ( her brother ) but I have no desire to make a statement to that effect
I want to help my sister but I don't want to be making allegations
I was raped by my girlfriends brother about 5 years ago and made a statement to police but then because it was unlikely to be. Successful I said in hindsight it must have been a dream their idea
Don't know what to do can I tell the police everything to help them and not make a formal statement?
If you don't want to make a formal statement then just refuse. There is no offence in the UK of refusing to help the police with their enquiries. You are perfectly free to refuse to assist.
There is no way of assisting them though without making a formal statement. If you set down in your statement that you don't want to go to court then they will just summons you or tender you to the defence who will summons if it helps them.
If you don't want to go to court then just don't make a statement. It is your right.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So if I agree to an interview that's as good as making a statement
Yes, they will have a plan of either an ABE interview of a S9 statement and then your statement will be evidence and its game over.

You are not even the alleged victim here so they will not have to consider the impact upon you for a moment of summonses and the like. You will be completely swept up in the prosecution.

If you don't want to do it, then just don't. Its not your problem.