75100385

I live in Belgium and recently was tipped out of a hotel

I live in Belgium and recently was tipped out of a hotel bed in Nalur, Belgium. My english cousins who were in the next room, came into my room and winessed the damage to my head and also the mattress that had fallen onto the floor on it's edge. I have photos of the rooom ad my head after the accident. I would like to know what my cousins need to do to make an affidavit in the UK, that can be accepted by the Belgium courts. Also can you advise what would be the probable cost per affidavit. Thank you Frank XXXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : They just need to write a statement which they can do themselves. They can then take it to a high street solicitor where it can be certified. This cost is around £10
Alex Watts : Or they can get a solicitor to prepare the document for them - clearly there would be a cost to this.
Alex Watts : So those are the two options, do it themself and get it certified or get a solicitor to do the whole thing.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-dq4o1kra- :

Thank you Alex for you help. I thought it was a simple thing. Presumably the affidavit will be in duplicate so that they can send me the original and keep a copy for themselves. I suppose they will need to make the certified statement in duplicate.

Alex Watts :

Yes they can have several copies.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-dq4o1kra- :

Perfect, the kou

JACUSTOMER-dq4o1kra- :

ank

JACUSTOMER-dq4o1kra- :

Perfect, thank you