75100385

I have a problem I had a lot of cats they were well fed and

I have a problem I had a lot of cats they were well fed and if any needed vet attention they got that my house was not up to scratch as I was working and had personal problems and work problems which my union is dealing with at moment the spca took my cats away and charged me with their living conditions they said at first they would give me thirty days they said that I could have some of them back then they charged me and said that I will have to go to court I told them it could affect my job as I have a disclosure Scotland for caring one female said tough and the other said I don't care they also took my terrapins and said I had to get a tank I got one and then they said that they would not give them back they were very nasty and horrible how they took the cats they have traumatised poor animals they also cut a hole in my porch ceiling and did not ask me they told my friend that whilst they were trying to catch the cats I could not go near my house so I was put out for three days with no clothes I was so upset at what they were doing I took an overdose and ended the night in hospital with all that was going on I live my cats and would never hurt them I miss them so much and feel so depressed live does not fell like going on with out them please help me to get them back I have done everything they have said but they just don't want to listen please help me
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

When you say 'them' who do you mean please?

Customer:

the spca

Alex Watts :

And they took your cats and wont give them back? Did they have your permission to take them?

Customer:

they threatened me with jail if I didnt sign then over and said that it would help me if I co-operated with them they promised I could have the older ones back they didn't ask any medical history for my cats two of my boys are chipped chico my female kitten has a virus and the vet said that she would be an expensive kitten I said that I was happy to look after her and any vet bills I would pay I don't know if any one will look after her properly the name is ***** ***** thought she was a boy then discovered she was a girl so I didn't change her name she has a vet record and he weight was checked regularly she was putting on weight and doing well but this keeps occurring we were hoping she would go out of it but the vet was not sure

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your position and ask for the cats back within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court. You are asking the Court for an order that they deliver up the cats

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. You want the Judge to Order them to give you the cats

Alex Watts :

Customer:

the cats I asked for were tigger gizmo moshie smudge who is ten years suki and cheeky is seven years cheeky rocky and flash are neutered and chipped the two female kittens are chico and krystal chico has the virus but krystal was showing signs of possibly having it also soxs my male neutered cat he is not chipped yeti had only the two done but I was getting round to the rest I do work but I don't earn a lot I did explain the problems and I said that I would sort it out and they did not help at all they were not interested but in being nasty they say they try to help people but they treated me like a criminal and if I had been cruel to the animals I could have understood it was the house the problem which was being dealt with but I had work going on outside it was hard to put old furniture or rubbish out as work men are working on the patios there only is one weekly rubbish pick up and I told them i would have to wait till I get paid to get rid of everything but they did not care

Alex Watts :

Yes. Can you see the above reply on how to resolve the matter?

Customer:

how do I do this thing about the court I have never done that before I have no criminal record but they said they will give me one which will affect my job I can lose my job do I need a lawyer for court

Alex Watts :

No, this makes no difference - this is a civil matter to get the cats back.

Alex Watts :

You need to follow the process I outlined above to get the cats back and ask the court to order they deliver them up

Alex Watts :

Can you see the process and what steps to follow?

Customer:

yes thanks

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience