75100385

Got a commerial plot with 3 business on it. 2 have been rented

Got a commerial plot with 3 business on it. 2 have been rented out to Burger King and a furniture shop the 3rd one was a Blockbusters but they have returned it. Now problem is that an RV and carravan with travellers have parked outside the blockbusters plot restricting me from any refurbishments plus its my land so I would like to know where I go from here. I will talk to them again today but their answer is always yeah we'll move soon, will the police do anything about this? I had a personal property before in the same area with lots of headaches evicting them but since this is commercial is there a better route?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Sadly this is what you have to do.

Alex Watts :

You need to ask them to move or say you will get a Court Order.

Alex Watts :

If they do not move then you need to issue proceedings for possession.

Alex Watts :

You need to complete form N1 - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

You are asking the court for possession of the land back

Alex Watts :

The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant possession

Alex Watts :

If the Court does and they do not move then you can get bailiffs to evict.

Alex Watts :

But if they wont move, sadly you need to go down the Court possession process.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honet

Alex Watts :

* honest *

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Oh dear I had this problem with a property before and went down the accellerated route which still took a very long time. As it's commercial does the courts move quicker or is it still the same? Are you able to give me an approx time scale?

Alex Watts :

This can't be accelerated. It could take a month or two.

Customer:

I will rennovate the blockbuster shop so if I was to place 2 large containers blocking their entrance of their RV and caravan whilst I rennovate to annoy them and hope they pleed to let them move is that an advisable course of action

Alex Watts :

Of course I understand the difficulties.

Customer:

Would I be breaking any laws if I placed a container in front of their path to restrict their movement and annoy them back?

Alex Watts :

That may of course inflame the situation but no

Alex Watts :

Its your land. You just can't evict them.

Alex Watts :

Without a Court order

Customer:

If then they vandalise the property due to my action can they go to jail?

Alex Watts :

That is criminal damage and illegal.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

ok thats fine will send payment

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/