12826847

I purchased a dress from Light in the Box that was not acceptable.

I purchased a dress from Light in the Box that was not acceptable. Light in the box would only reply to me in Spanish which I do not understand. I do have a communication number from them. How do I get the problem through to them ?
Are they based in Spain?
Do they have a UK office?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I suspect that they are based in Spain. There does not appear to be an UK office and are careful to communicate with a no reply emails. It appears that they are a fully encompassed postal service, similar to Amazon.in the UK.

Ok.
Did you pay by credit card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I confirm that I paid by Credit card.

The only thing that I saw in the recent communication in Spanish was this:-www.lightinthe box.com/index.php?

main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=6571136

No instructions in English of course.

You are covered by the distance selling regulations and you have the right to return the dress within 7 days of delivery.
However, the practical reality is that if they are abroad and they are refusing to engage in a meaningful way then it will be very difficult to enforce this.
The advantage that you do have though is that you paid by credit card so S75 CCA gives you identical rights against your credit card company who are UK based and can be sued. I would just ask them to reclaim the money. The seller will get in contact with you fast enough in English to arrange recovery then.
The credit card company might not be happy about that but if it comes to it you can always sue them here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
and you will win.