75100385

What is our position regarding the furniture that I described

Customer Question

What is our position regarding the furniture that I described from Furniture Village?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would you like to know?
A bit about your situation?
I cannot see another post on your account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We are senior citizens and have3 hip replacements between us and feel we were mis sold the sofas
For what reason please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We were told by the salesman at Furniture Village that the tension on the foot stalls could be adjusted but we are now being told, after purchasing them, that the tension cannot be adjusted and because my husband is tall they won't work for him. Also it is not possible to move the furniture.
If u cannot give me any advice now I would like to cancel the £47 as this is too difficult for me to deal with. Jean Weiss
I will need to ask more questions before I can give you an answer I'm afraid.
At least, I probably could answer now but it will be wrong because I do not have all the information relevant to your circumstances.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't find this dialogue useful as I don't know what info you want. I would prefer to cancel this. Please can u arrange for refund of £47.
Jean Weiss
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you.
What is the value of the goods please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
About £1600 for two settees.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.