13262538

I recently received a letter from the CSA saying my ex-partner

I recently received a letter from the CSA saying my ex-partner has recently applied for a variation to vary my child maintenance schedule based on 'Lifestyle is inconsistent with income'.
I am self employed.
They have asked for;
1. Details of income and expenditure
2. Accounts for the last 12 months
3. Information on any dividends taken
They have also said they 'may' share my information I provide with my ex-partner.
My questions are;
1. Do they have a right to 'share' my information with my ex-partner? (The child Support Law states; 'The Secretary of State may make regulations requiring any information or evidence needed for the determination of any application under this Act' - I cant find anywhere where it states they are allowed to pass my information onto someone else?)
2. Will a variation be successful if I am supported financially by my current partner or if my lifestyle is paid for through personal loans?
Thanks in advance
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
1. Yes the information can (and will) be shared as it is pertinent to the application and she is allowed to challenge it
2. Provided you can show that any excessive expenditure is funded by your partner or by loans (or gambling etc etc) - anything other than your income - the variation application wil fail
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the response.

I just have two more questions if you don't mind.

1. I have a car worth £20k. If the application was successful, can they force me to sell it?

2. I have a home worth £250k (which I live in). If the application was successful, can they force me to sell it?

Thanks in advance

Dave

No to both - unless there are arrears