12826847

My mam used Priory Paving in Tyneside to have a new wall, and

My mam used Priory Paving in Tyneside to have a new wall, and paving completed, we were mis-informed by the salesperson in that were told there would be no maintainence ie weeds etc, there have been weeds, and i have advised the company of the Misrepresentation Act 1967, as our decision was solely based on what the salesperson told us. I have contacted the company to speak to the owner & ask for compensation but have been told the owner does not speak to customers, What would be your advice?
What is your loss as a result of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mum spent £5400 in total, but it will mean she will have to pay someone from time to time to maintain the area.

She is 81 and disabled, so unable to do this herself.

I have ased for £1000 compensation due to being mis informed by the salesperson.

I am really sorry but there is absolutely no prospect of claiming £1000.
The work was done. There are no complaints about the nature of the work.
At the very highest point there is a claim for the actual cost of maintenance of the area. I realise that is difficult to project as you have to assess how long she is likely to live and live there but, in truth, probably we both know its not going to be £1000.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality.
In court it could go either way. A court could say that some weeds persist whatever work is done upon them and so nothing is due. If you can show that the fact that your mother couldn't maintain the area meant the absence of weeds were a particular important consideration for her then that might render the misinformation more worthy of consideration but its still not work £1000 I'm afraid.