75100385

Hi there, We were due to move in to our new flat on Sunday

Customer Question

Hi there,
We were due to move in to our new flat on Sunday 31st August. I was asked to provide details for a guarantor. She needs to sign the lease as well, but won't be able to until Monday. They say that until she signs it, we can't move in.
I have asked the letting agents if we can amend the contract date to reflect the date on which we will be actually moving in, instead of the 31st, and to move the date of payment as well. It says we have to pay rent on the 30th of each month - I have asked for it to be changed to the 1st or 2nd, to reflect our moving in date. They have said no as the contract has already been prepared and the property is ready to move in to.
Are they allowed to do this?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Has the tenancy agreement been signed by you and the landlord please?