12826847

I was interviewed under caution for verbal harassment and issued

I was interviewed under caution for verbal harassment and issued a warning which meant further contact would warrant my arrest. The accused subsequently contacted me via prank phone calls on a handful of occasions within 2 months of my interview yet was unwilling to engage in verbal interaction. Is this illegal?
It depends. This person is not subject to the warning. You are.
It is, of course, completely unfair and also an outrageous waste of public money and if I made policy they would be getting a wasting police time fine but that is really a policy decision.
What you can do is keep a record of the calls. When there have been about five different attempts then you can ask the police to withdraw the warning in the light of this information. If they will not then get a solicitor to write to them.
Above all though, do not make contact. I know that people like this shouldn't be allowed to get away with it but they are. Now you know this person is a vexatious accuser, you should be running for the hills.
You could always report their conduct as a harassment. It depends whether its vexatious contact or just an attempt to get you to make contact. If its an attempt to vex you into making contact and thereby breaking the harassment notice so that they can call the police and get the attention that comes with being a victim then that is harassment.