Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If a property is given over and registered to a person by their

If a property is given over and registered to a person by their mother and then 8 yr's later the mother may decide in her will to change her decision and nominate some one else to receive the house does the registered owner lose the house
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please just confirm that the Land Registry deeds show this person as the registered owner of the property?
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the person is the named on the Land Registry deeds

John

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply.
As the Deeds are registered in the person's name, that person is the legal owner of the property. Hence, as the property does not belong to Mother, anything she puts in her Will concerning the property is invalid and has no effect whatsoever, as it is not her asset.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
AL