Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

What are the defendants right to know why a complainant in

What are the defendant's right to know why a complainant in a sexual touching case is declared a 'vulnerable Adult'
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Have you had full disclosure of the prosecution case? What stage has the case reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe after receiving 29/08/14 her VID Statement ,I have now full disclosure. The case is due to heard at trial next Friday in Magistrates Court.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Your solicitor is entitled to ask the prosecution why the complainant has been declared a vulnerable adult. There are numerous possibilities for this: there may be physical, psychological or historical reasons for this.
If the prosecution have made a special measures application for the complainant to give evidence behind a screen or live link, then the application will give more information about her vulnerability.