75100385

I am a single traveller and on a recent holiday I was charged

Customer Question

I am a single traveller and on a recent holiday I was charged the usual single supplement, in this case £365 for 13 hotel nights. However, on five hotel nights I was allocated a single room.
Do I have a case to request a proportionate return of my single supplement, ie £140. Or as a single traveller, am I expected to pay a single supplement and then be allocated a single room.
This is not an issue about paying single supplements per se but an issue about paying a single supplement for a single room.
I was travelling with Jules Verne departing 5th August to the Balkans – six hotels in all. Four hotels allocated me a double room but two did not.
Josie Green

Alex Watts :

Hello Josie my name is Alex and I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If you paid a single supplement on the understanding that you would have a double room then yes.

Alex Watts :

This is because the whole point of a single supplement is that you are taking up additional space.

Alex Watts :

If you are not taking up additional space then this should not have been charged.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/