Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I have purchased a web site and training package from an American

Customer Question

I have purchased a web site and training package from an American company called Dynamix 7.
the amount I have paid is approximately $6026 am I able to ask for a refund on my purchase?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 years ago.
The first thing to check is whether the contract states that it is governed by the law of any country. Contracts will often say that they are governed by a particular country's law.
Under UK law you would only be entitled to a refund if there is something wrong with the product, it does not work , does not work in the way described or you were specifically told it could do something that you now find it cannot. Otherwise you cannot insist on a refund if you have changed your mind or decided you do not really need it. However just because you cannot legally insist it does not mean that you cannot ask for a refund and give your reasons for doing so. Companies often will agree for the sake of consumer relations even if the consumer cannot legally insist.
As such I would ask.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply
Best wishes
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Michael. I will contact them and try to get a partial refund.

many thanks

Dear Terence

Good luck, I would pitch the letter as a request setting out the circumstances. US companies are usually more consumer minded than UK ones so fingers crossed
Michael