13262538

I have a daughter who is 18 as of June this year and just

I have a daughter who is 18 as of June this year (2014) and just finished full time education and not taking on any further education. As such I am stopping maintenance payments having spoken with her mother as of September 14. I have just been informed that her mother is now trying to get my daughter to go onto an apprenticeship with Devon County Council. My daughter has a job currently and is intending carrying it on working evenings and weekends along with the apprenticeship allegedly. My daughter hasn't even had an interview or anything in relation to the apprenticeship. Am I within my rights to stop maintenance which i have for September as she has declared no further education and maybe the mother is just trying to box clever with mentioning a last minute.com apprenticeship? My Maintenance is not paid via CSA, I went to court to arrange.

My daughter has not enrolled in the apprenticeship.

I think I am fully within my rights to stop maintenance and from any documentation about this it seems to be correct what I am doing?

What is the specific wording of the Order regarding when the child maintenance will end?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's not a easy one to find at the moment due to being in a box and working away from home.

As far as I am aware it was 'until full time school education be complete'.

At this stage you can stop payment.
Certainly the Apprenticeship will not count as full time education so far as the courts are concerned.
Depending on the type of Apprenticeship yo may be liable via the CSA - but only if your daughter is in college for more than 12 hours a week
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi just got the actual court order comments:

'until they shall respectively cease full-time tertiary education or further order at the rate of £xxx per calendar month ......'

Does this change anything in respect of myself stopping maintenance for my 18 year old daughter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.