13262538

I am seperated ( living with my parents ) but not divorced

I am seperated ( living with my parents ) but not divorced from my wife - am 57 have 3 kids 2 over 18 one 18 & one 17 living with my wife - I work partime and pay about £300 a week to help them. our house is worth some £210,000 we have £30,000 in mortage and some £3000 in CC dept - My wife 51 also works partime and gets around £100 a week.we neither have pension or any savings - Question if we divorse what is the likly split of our estate
What is your income and what are your two youngest children currently doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare - I am self employed DIY man and tend to have many small jobs so no fixed income but last 12 months earned about £12,000.

My 18 year old son has a permanent job at Tesco - my daughter has just turned 17 and is at collage - and intends to go to Uny Sept 2015 for 3 years .

Hope that helps and await your help. Thanks

How much does a two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

around £100,000 to £115,000

How much could your wife earn if she worked full time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My wife works as a teacher of children to ride a horse. Prob earns about £ 3,000 a year - all cash in hand - she would teach more if could but that is it. So has lots of spare capacity - but not enough work in that field in local area.would have to get another job to work full time, say Tesco £10,000 a year ??? what do you think ??

At present the house is needed as a home for your daughter for another year until she is 18
Once that is no longer an issue there is no reason why the assets shoudl not be divided 50/50 between you since if she chose to work full time she could earn much the same as you.
Unless you could in fact earn considerably more in which case a 60/40 division in her favour is possible.
This is of course only a rough guide.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Clare for your advice - so you would not expect me to be liable for any further on-going monthly payments once my daughter is 18 - just the split of the Estate - if I divorse at that time ?

Await your news and thanks

Your liability for Child Maintenance ends the September after your daughter finishes Secondary education.
Your daughter could potentially make a claim in her own right - but to be frank you do not earn enough for this to be an issue