UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I want to send for my Egyptian wife and Egyptian child to come

I want to send for my Egyptian wife and Egyptian child to come on a settlement visa.
I should provide evidence of accommodation that me and my wife intend to live in, I work in London, I have a friend that has a 5 Bedroom flat in Sheffield, if my friend provides accommodation details with a supporting letter from the him (occupant/ landlord) confirming that you are able to stay there in Sheffield with his family, while I am working in London, would that be accepted as suitable accommodation? or could it be refused because of having a job in London and a permission to stay in Sheffield with another family in sheffield?
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants.
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
If your friend is the landlord and your a paying him the rent and he has allowed your family to reside there then it should not be a problem.
What you need to show the home office is that YOU are able to accommodate and maintain your family once they arrive to the UK so any accommodation details must be in relation to you. If you friend is accommodating them , then this could cause an issue as you are working in London but your family will be residing elsewhere.
I would therefore recommend that you only submit evidence of the flat in Sheffield if you are residing there too, if you are not then it could cause problems with the application, especially if you are working over 150 miles away in London.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.