Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I went to see a car in the showroom at the weekend which showed

I went to see a car in the showroom at the weekend which showed on the internet , on arrival it was not there I somehow singed up to buy another still fine they then I believe started to deceive me by putting on extras which I told them I did not want the salesman started to become quite stroppy I told him several times I did not want the extras when I seen the credit paper I noticed the document charge was £299 I had been informed it would be between 49/149 pounds I then queried the salesman who did not answer this I then very annoyed to keep the car and I would not sing any credit agreement I then left, where do I stand
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Have you paid a deposit?
Was the purchase of the car conditional upon you signing the finance agreement?
What is the car showroom suggesting you do to proceed?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello AJ, I never paid a deposit as I was going to trade my own car which they valued at £2200, your second question I would have to say yes as they were determined to have my credit card which I never took with me the person told me I would have to go home to get the card and return even though I had been there for 2 and a half hours, the third question the car showroom phoned me on return to home I told them there were just adding to much money on and I did not like being pushed/ bullied into something I did not want heat the time appeared to want me to sing without fully reading the credit agreement I did got quite annoyed without being nasty told the salesperson I did not want to proceed and left I had another call later on but I had gone out.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
To be honest with you, you have not paid a deposit, not signed any agreement and told them you have cancelled it.
Quite simply there is not contractual arrangement between you.
I would go back to them and say they should either honour your agreement at the price originally offered, otherwise you will report them to trading standards for misleading and unscrupulous sales and sale of a financial product. www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/ . The alternative is you should just walk away and look to purchase an alternative car?
From what you have described I cannot see how they would have any claim against you anyway?
AJ