75100385

I had booked a holiday, fully paid for. Had an email from Alpharooms

Customer Question

I had booked a holiday, fully paid for. Had an email from Alpharooms stating that the hotel is closing for end of season the week I had booked for (end October) They offered me alternative accommodation or full refund. I did not want to stay in another Hotel so asked for a full refund. They only offered me the Hotel costs so I asked about the flight refund. I was told that Jet 2 is a non refundable airline. I asked that if I rebook the Hotel for a different date( with a change of flight dates too ) how much extra would it cost me to have the flight details changed. I was told that I would have to ring the airline and sort it out myself, which I did and I was absolutely shocked when I was told I would have to pay a further £1,236. 15p. (The original flight cost was. £1346. 98p.) I was put on the spot, it was a matter of pay up or lose thirteen hundred pounds. I had no choice but to pay.... All this has occurred through no fault of my own, is there any chance of me getting any refunds/compensation from Alpharoooms. Please help.. Thankyou
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you book it as a package please?

Customer: IHi Alex when I booked, Alpharooms took care of it all so I'm assuming that it is a package
Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

If they booked it as a package you are entitled to a 100% refund

Alex Watts :

Customer: By saying I want a 100% refund, would it also include the extra amount I've paid to Jet 2 please
Alex Watts :

Yes everything assuming they booked it as a package.

Alex Watts :

If you booked the airline with Jet 2 yourself, then you are not entitled to that back

Alex Watts :

But I assumed as you said they booked the flights and hotel for you.

Customer: Also if it goes to court and I lose what then?
Alex Watts :

That is it you have lost - but you could appeal

Alex Watts :

But you are unlikely to lose

Alex Watts :

If you paid by CREDIT CARD you could also inform them

Customer: Thankyou so much Alex x
Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you today?

Customer: No thankyou 😊
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alex, I am tying myself in knots over this holiday! I have made myself ill worrying about it and have not written to them yet. As I told you before Alpharooms booked the original flight for me. No wonder they told me that I would have to ring Jet 2 to alter my holiday dates !!.....I was not expecting £1206.00 plus credit card charge. So as I stand now, all I have is a flight booked which is costing me £2,583.13p Can I just check with you that I can also include the extra I have had to pay, even though I rang Jet2 myself
Yes you can include everything.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou Alex. I will be putting my losses at £3,121.21p and the original cost was only £1,875.06p. Do you really think I can win this case if it goes to Court? Personally, I don't feel that Alpharooms will settle without a fight
I think you have a chance. It is always worth fighting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou once again Alex .....Sandy
Happy to help.