13262538

I want to know if it is possible for me to apply for legal

Customer Question

I want to know if it is possible for me to apply for legal aid as I am on means tested benefits for conveyancing purposes. If so where are the best solicitors to deal with my case. I am hearing impaired so I prefer to correspondence by email or locally
Legal Aid is now very very restricted in terms of who is eligible and what is covered.
Could you explain a little more about your case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on means tested benefits, ESA, Support Group, DLA high rates on both components. I also get reduced Council Tax Benefits. I have to pay full cost on solicitors fee, and removals. Can I apply for any concessions or reduced rates. My solicitors is Mary Monson, here in Swinton.

Is this to deal with a sale of your property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

I am sorry but Legal Aid is not available to deal with the sale of a property at all.
However most firms will deal with the sale for you on the basis that the costs will be taken from the Sale proceeds.
You can ask your Estate Agents to recommend a firm - and email is becoming the preferred method of communication for many
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details