12826847

Dear Sir ? Madam The Adjudicator has replied and refused my

Customer Question

Dear Sir ? Madam
The Adjudicator has replied and refused my appeal against the PCN (vehicle seen in a bus lane during its hours of operation) by Hounslow Council, after the hearing.
I had explained to him that the Bus Lane restriction signage in the final section, located within the controlled area of a pedestrian crossing was obscured, by a large Direction Sign at the corner of Oxford Road North and a large tree beyond it. There is also a yellow box junction in front of Oxford Road North.
I exited from Thorney Hedge Road into Chiswick High Road with Oxford Road North, a side road immediately on my left. There is no Bus Lane sign in Thorney Hedge Road warning drivers that there is a Bus Lane, here on Chiswick High Road.
Other adjacent side roads viz Silver Crescent and Oxford Road North have signs that read Bus Lane in black writing and have a white back ground.
I would appreciate, if you examine the merits and prospects of my case,as I wish to defend the claim.
Thanking You.
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Christopher De Souza

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this ? Did you want to know something specifically?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wish to defend the Penalty Charge Notice claim under the small claims track of the County Court and await your advice.

Thank You.

Christopher

This will not go to the small claims court. Its a council issue parking fine. The fact that the Adjudicator has found against you is sufficient to enforce it.

The only further appeal from the adjudicator is within 14 days and you have to show that he made an error in fact or in law. There is no automatic right of appeal. You have to seek permission on that basis.

I am happy to look at the basis if that would be helpful.