75100385

i would like to know if there is any limitation or what

i would like to know if there is any limitation period or what could be potential outcome for me in this case: i was arrested about 8-9 years ago for breaking a big window while intoxicated with alcohol, because i had no id i have used fake name and fake address, the sentenced for a week in jail and let out with promise to pay out the full amount in settlements, the total was about £5000 plus interest i think. i haven't paid anything or came back with my real name but thinking now to turn myself in as i would like to apply for uk citizenship and if i do then they will check my finder print and find out that i have criminal record, any information would help, thank you, Edward
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Who ordered the compensation, was it the Court?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

i think

Customer:

the judge and i have agreed on it

Customer:

but it was about 8 years ago and under fake name

Alex Watts :

Ok - there is no limitation.

Alex Watts :

Of course by giving a fake name that is a futher offence.

Alex Watts :

That further offence is not time barred so the Police can arrest you

Alex Watts :

As for the compensation that is also NOT time barred

Alex Watts :

Customer:

ok so i still have to pay that amount, what about giving false name? what kind of trouble am i look at? even if i confess after so much time has passed? is it any better than just get caught and found out that way?

Alex Watts :

Its a matter for you. If they havent caught up with you then I would not worry about it

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

but if apply for British passport then i have to provide my finger prints and they will find out that i have lied so im thinking to turn myself in to minimize the risk of being arrested or worse which i don't know what could potentially happen in worst scenario?

Alex Watts :

The Police and the Home Office do not talk, so they wont match.

Alex Watts :

It is a risk of course but they do not use the same database.

Customer:

thank you that does help, but just in case what would be a penalty for using the false name?

Alex Watts :

It would be obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty, which would generally be a fine.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/