12826847

My Mother owns the property that she lives in ,she is now 87

Customer Question

My Mother owns the property that she lives in ,she is now 87 and although the property is left to me in her will ( i am the only blood relative ) but she now wishes to consider arranging for a DEED OF ASSETS ,I understand that there may be a 7 year period before this can be actioned , my Mum s health isn t that good she has been in Hospital twice this year and would have to go into a care home if her health deteriates and would we have to sell the property to pay for such costs.

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you clarify why your Mother is considering this? Is it to avoid potential Nursing home fees or to reduce her Inheritance tax liability?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL