12826847

How do I get a Refund from a company that just lie?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid a £1970 deposit TO BATHING SOLUTIONS for a walk in shower. It became clear that it was not going to be suitable for me. I sent a cancellation slip by recorded delivery. They accept that I am entitled to a redund and do not argue with me but do not send a refund.

How long ago did they agree?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A week and a half ago

To be wholly honest, it is not worth acting against them at all at this stage. I realise the is unattractive but it doesn't suggest that they will not pay. A delay of just over a week and a half is not unreasonable I'm afraid.
You can always send them a letter giving them 14 days to refund you in full and making clear that if they do not you will sue at the Small Claims Court. It's cheaper enough to do that but if you issue against them now then there is a risk that you will face a costs order as the Judge could say it wasn't reasonable to issue so quickly.
I am very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou that is helpful . I will write. Do you think 14 days is enough notice in this instance?

Oh yes, 14 days from the date of your letter would have been in the region of 24 days which is very nearly a month. Perfectly long enough to issue a refund.
Then you could justify suing but it won't come to that. They will pay out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for the help I will do as you suggest.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/