75100385

Hello, I have a dispute with a UK registered company --

Customer Question

I have a dispute with a UK registered company -- I paid them for services, was sent a contract & terms of business to read & sign, upon reading these documents, I emailed the company and said I was not happy with the terms, and said I wanted a refund. This was all done within 24hrs.
Under UK Law: https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds it says that online payments and phone payments (which I made) are entitiled to a 14 day refund.
I have contacted the company via email, and stated this -- but they say that they will not refund me, even though I have not received any products / services as of yet and the refund request was within 14 days.
Speaking to trading standards and they say to put this in writing -- but that's it.
How can I take this further? and get this resolved?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you.

Alex Watts :

How much are you claiming back please?

JACUSTOMER-36wnlu16- :

Hi there, I am claiming £1449.52

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-36wnlu16- :

Hi, thanks for the clarification. Can you help me with the wording for the letter. Just a guide on certain words to use would be helpful.

Do I write to them and let them know I will be filing this with the County Court? Or do I write &post the letter, and file the claim at the same time? Is there any cost with county court? and if I have costs for this, are they liable for costs incurred to me should they lose?

Alex Watts :

You just need to write set out how much they owe and that you want your money back.

Alex Watts :

If you issue a claim and they lose then yes, the costs are also added

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-36wnlu16- :

Can you give me the wording for the letter?

JACUSTOMER-36wnlu16- :

I'll write it up myself, but a vague idea of what is commonly used would help.

Alex Watts :

You just need to say what has gone on.

Alex Watts :

If you prepare it and paste it here I can comment on it.

JACUSTOMER-36wnlu16- :

Dear Rapid Corporate Services / Turner Little

Please can you refund me £1449.52 for payment debited from my bank account on 20.8.14. under the name of Turner Little Ltd.

Under UK law I am entitled as a consumer for a full refund within 14 days of purchase.

I have requested this by email on the 21st August 2014. Which as you can clearly see is well within the 14 day refund period.

Ref: - (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

Kind regards,

Mrs Sarah Bell

Alex Watts : I would just add:
Alex Watts : Should you fail to refund me I will issue court proceedings and seek those costs from you.
Alex Watts : Apart from that it is ok
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
JACUSTOMER-36wnlu16- :

No that's great, thanks so much for your advice.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Is there anything else I can help with today?