12826847

I have been issued a parking fine by a CCTV camera car, I was

I have been issued a parking fine by a CCTV camera car, I was parked in a pay and display bay due to engine problems with my hazard lights on. The bay was also subject to loading restrictions and had a single yellow line.
The camera car parked slightly further back and in fact parked on double yellow line also in contravention of the rules in force and they are no signs stating that CCTV parking enforcement is in operation.
Is this ticket legal as there were no signs and the enforcement office also broke the rules?
There is absolutely no requirement to sign the fact that CCTV parking enforcement is in operation. All that is a complete myth.
They obviously should not be parked upon double yellow lines but it doesn't mean they cannot use the evidence they gather against you whilst they were parked unlawfully.
If you are saying that you had broken down then you can ask the council to cancel this fine using their discretionary grounds but if you have already appealed on this basis then its probably too late.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information. In this instance, the council are absolutely right.