UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

in 1988 my parents and myself purchased our house from the

in 1988 my parents and myself purchased our house from the council in a 25 year endowment policy. in januarythis year 2014 we completely paid off the mortgage,and only in the last week h ave we received the deeds to the property. All three of our names appear on the deeds however my parents are elderly, and it is their wish that my name should be the sole name on the deeds. We seek advice on how to go about this matter.My father is 90 in November my mother is 82 next February and I will be 53 in march . regardes Derek
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Derek,
Your parents need to transfer their equity to you, this is a legal process known as Transfer of Equity.
See here for the process involved:
http://www.hip-consultant.co.uk/blog/transfers-of-equity-and-legal-ownership-of-a-property-123/
You may appoint a solicitor to carry out the process or you may do it yourself.
May I help further?