How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am a tenant in a 4 bedroom house in Oxfordshire. I pay a

Customer Question

I am a tenant in a 4 bedroom house in Oxfordshire.
I pay a substantial rent.
I have been in the house for a year.
I have just discovered that the wood/coal burning open fireplace is a very dangerous (confirmed by experts) fire and carbon monoxide poisoning hazard. The build up of creosote in the chimney has been going on for years.
Simply put - over the past year our family could have been either burned to death or killed from carbon monoxide fumes. The fire place has been condemned by experts.
Question: Do I have any grounds for suing the landlord or managing agents (a nationally known firm)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

JACUSTOMER-3qfsxfmc- :

I cannot see your answer? I have been travelling and am just opening my emails.