75100385

In 2012 a PPI company applied on my behalf to reclaim charges

In 2012 a PPI company applied on my behalf to reclaim charges for me , but were unsuccesfull. A couple of months ago the bank called me to say the government had changed the ruling and so they would be in touch soon. They then rang me two weeks later and said they would go through the whole process on the phone with me which took approx. 3/4 hour. I then received a cheque from them and the same day the PPI company rang to say they wanted 25%.
I feel that their part ended in 2012 when the claim was rejected as the idea of them taking it in 1st place was so that I didn't need to be involved. But as it was me the 2nd time that was the only person in touch with the bank, I am unsure as to whether I still have to pay them or not.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Did the company write to you and say they could not get it please?
Customer:

I am not sure now as it was 2012. I did receive a letter but unsure if it was from them or the bank

Alex Watts :

Can you check?

Customer:

I shall have to ring the bank when I get home at 3pm as I have no copies at home

Alex Watts :

ok, no problem - it is quite important.

Customer:

Ok I shall be back in touch when I have checked

Alex Watts :

Customer: I have just rung the bank and they confirmed a letter was sent out to me and the ppi company in 2012 saying the claim had been rejected. I have asked them to send me a copy of that letter which they have agreed to do.
Alex Watts :

Thank you. As so far as terms for the PPI reclaim company, does it say that they will have a claim even if its later rejected or you are successful please?

Customer: I have none off the original paperwork as I just presumed it was rejected and that was it
Alex Watts :

Ok - then it all really is going to depend on the terms.

Alex Watts :

It would appear that once the case was closed their involvement should end.

Alex Watts :

But if THEIR terms state that they exist in perpetuity, ie forever until the PPI is recovered then you are liable

Alex Watts :

But if their terms do not state this then you are not liable.

Alex Watts :

So write, ask for a copy of their terms saying you dispute the debt and ask on which clause they are relying on

Alex Watts :

I think you may find they dont have a legal leg to stand on

Alex Watts :

Customer: Thankyou very much, I shall take your advice and ask for copy of terms
Alex Watts :

Thank you, ***** ***** anything else I can help with/