75100385

I was stopped for speeding on the 19/7/14 . The penalty note

I was stopped for speeding on the 19/7/14 . The penalty note has been sent and the date is wrong. need advice this can i contest it .
Paul
Alex Watts : Hello Paul my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : What date does it say?
Customer:

it is dated the 19/6/14

Alex Watts : But do you accept you were speeding on 19th July?
Alex Watts : Is this a notice of intended prosecution you have, or the fixed penalty ticket?
Customer:

yes i was stopped and was speeding .

Customer:

fixed penalty ticket .

Alex Watts : Ok. It's bad news. Here is the problem. If you contest it, it would go to court.
Alex Watts : At court the prosecutor would just apply to amend the charge date to the correct one.
Alex Watts : If you had not been speeding or it was not you then you would have a shot.
Alex Watts : But just because the date is a typo is not enough to get you off.
Alex Watts : Any charge would just be amended.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Remember courts here these reasons all the time and people are convicted
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

the date on the ticket the officer gave me is wrong two . when i was cautioned does this make any diferance .

Alex Watts : In reality probably not. I assume he put June as well? If it went to court the prosecutor would just ask the policeman, what date was this and he would give the correct date.
Alex Watts : I am sorry it's not better news
Customer:

ok .

Alex Watts : Can I help with anything else today?