12826847

my parents have been mutually separated for years with my mother

Customer Question

my parents have been mutually separated for years with my mother living in the marital home with my dad paying bills. My father bought a succession of guest houses with a male friend in the lake district, which he has now sold, and bought a residential property in Penrith where he lives with his male friend. My mother never received any share of profit from hotels income or on the sale of either of the hotels. My father has wrote to my mother saying he no longer will pay the bills. What rights does my mother have in relation to assets. My father is pleading poverty, but we are lead to believe he gave his half of the money received on the sale to his male friend
How old are they both and when did they separate?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do they each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Firstly they are married, sorry meant to mention this earlier.

Okay they went their separate ways years ago but I guess about 20 years ago when Dad bought first guest house. His property is valued approx. £220K, Mams about £95k, no mortgage on Mams definitely, or Dads as far as I am aware. Mam has £500 a month not sure Dads income. Mam and Dad's ages are 80 and 82. The question is aimed at if they divorce which looks likely

How much has your father been giving your mother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At preaent it amounts to about £2,100 a year with mam paying for ALL other outlay eg £3,000 recently for new heating system

Is her property in her sole name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Joint