12826847

I would like to dispute a parking charge I have received. I

Customer Question

I would like to dispute a parking charge I have received.
I purchased a ticket and my ticket was valid but I was towing a caravan and had not seen signs that said they were not allowed.
The charge has been issued on the class of vehicle not on the fact I was towing a caravan. The vehicle being a car would have been allowed to park in the car park.
I have tried to reason with the council regarding the charge now £197 for 2 hours parking when I did have a ticket and they say it is of 'no consequence'.
Can I dispute the ticket on the grounds of the charge being against the vehicle?
Samantha

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Correspondence has been going through *****@******.***

I need to know who is the issuer of the fine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would this be them as this info is for the payment of the ticket?

Parking Operations, PO BOX 1149, King's Lynn, PE30 9AH

Ok. Why is the council involved in this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because they own the car park.

thanks

Then surely this is a council issue fine? It will change everything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All letters & emails have come from Parking Operations at the pot address but it's borough council that I believe pursuing the case. Does this help?
OK.

Which stage have you reached? Have you had a notice to owner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Order of recovery for unpaid parking
Really?

Why have you not appealed earlier documents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have but they did not accept. I explained that having parked for 2 hours to have lunch after a holiday on a campsite up the road. But they said it was of no concequence that I had a ticket & missed the sign, that I returned within the allotted parking ticket time or that I had been spending money in the local area. This is what had made me so cross about the ticket there was no reasoning over a genuine mistake. I was with my parents who also parked there in a campervan but they are allowed just not caravans . This is why I wondered if I could apply on the charge being on the class of vehchile.
Has this been to the Ajudicator please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't think so

I don't think that this could have got to order without going to the adjudicator.

I really do need to know what stage you've reached because it will change your options.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a way in which I can send you what I have?
Yes, you can email it to [email protected] but include a link for this post so the mods know its for me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay I had to get it all scanned before I could sent.

I have

Attachment: 2014-09-16_090939_skmbt_c35314091609040.pdf

emailed as requested and attached to this note although not sure if that has worked.

Samantha

Thanks. I don't seem to be able to open it now as I'm on the ipad but I can do it tonight when I'm on a laptop if thats OK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's fine its a scanned doc but any problems and I'll see if I can save in a different format.

I'm sure there won't be. Ipads in low coverage areas often don't allow me to open scanned documents.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo,

did you have a chance to look at the documents I sent you the deadline to make an appeal is today?

I haven't seen anything.

I will check.
Ok. We have found it.

That is an order for recovery. This has gone to an Adjudicator and there has been a finding against you. There is no appeal and therefore no grounds to dispute the matter.

The only way to escape now is to make a statutory declaration but you do not seem to be raising grounds. You seem to accept that you had all the documents and did appeal but that it failed on each occasion.

The point that the council are making is that your grounds matter not at this stage because they have been rejected by the Adjudicator.

Sorry if this is bad news but if you don't deal with the matter you will have bailiffs round and they will add their fees.