75100385

My neighbour has a very large Laurel bush at the edge of their

My neighbour has a very large Laurel bush at the edge of their property, which is perhaps ten meters high and whose branches extend at least four meters into my car park.
I understand that I have the right to trim these back to the boundary, and must offer the neighbour the trimmings.
These he has refused to accept, and says any return of them to his property will be regarded as fly -tipping.
So, in addition to the cost of trimming of his neglected tree, I am put to the expense of disposal of a very considerable quantity of cuttings.
My neighbour is obdurate, and prone to litigation over trivialities.
Do I have any redress?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : You want to know if the neighbour has to dispose of the trimmings?
Customer:

I would like to know if my neighbour has any obligation to mitigate the nuisance caused by his tree, particularly in respect of the disposal of the very large quantity of cuttings which will result from my trimming of his overhanging branches.

Alex Watts : Sadly not. If you cut the tree back then you need to foot the cost of disposal. However if for example damage was caused then you could sue for this loss and damage and claim any costs back. But with cutting a tree back you have the option to leave it or cut it back yourself and pay the cost.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Hi Alex, I have not yet received my answer; merely a request for clarification.

Customer:

Regards,

Customer:

Michael G-S.

Customer:

Sorry Alex, It seems that there is a bit of a time lag on the website and i did not get to see your answer.

Customer:

However, it is as I feared. Thank you for your advice, unpalatable as it is!

Customer:

Kind regards, ***** *****