75100385

My friend was kicked in the groin and now suffers serious pain

My friend was kicked in the groin and now suffers serious pain despite medical intervention. His attacker mistakenly thought my friend had damaged his car. The police could not prosecute because of lack of evidence and a solicitor was also unable to proceed.
My friend must now move away from his family and friends as he often sees his former attacker in the street. This man allegedly gives him menacing looks. Is it possible to re-open this case on the grounds of harassment and further to obtain some compensation for the pain and inconvenience suffered. My friend is 73 years old and is now unwilling to take further action
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Is there any reason why he can't bring a civil personal injury claim?
Customer:

Hi Mrs Watts,

Customer:

We didn't realise this was possible. I am not sure if my friend will proceed. What are the chances of winning when the police and a solicitor say there is insufficient evidence. How much will it cost for a consultation

Alex Watts : The difference between the police is that they must prove it beyond doubt. In civil action it is on balance of probabilities, so is it more likely than not.
Alex Watts : He has 3 years to make a claim from the date of injury.
Alex Watts : But if that avenue is not available then sadly the police case can not be reopened, it would be a new complaint on new grounds.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Hi Mrs Watts,

Customer:

Thanks I am very happy with this reply.