31090051

Advised by a solicitor regarding my late mothers will that

Customer Question

Advised by a solicitor regarding my late mothers will that no provision was made for me this was written 3 weeks fork or to her death, where my three siblings and one of the siblings son is given equal share. What are my rights.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
If your mother died unmarried you have a legal rights claim to one eight of your mother's movable estate. Moveable estate is all property except land and buildings. Your legal rights claim can't be excluded by a will and must be paid before any other legacies.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My mother was my only surviving parent. I have 3 siblings.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for confirming. Your entitlement is as above, one eighth of moveable estate by way of legal rights.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you estimate the legal cost to pursue my legal rights.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am l able to request the value of her estate, she doesn't own a property so it is only moveable assets?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
It shouldn't cost you anything as the solicitor knows that you are entitled to claim legal rights and you must be paid them, in addition to which you are entitled to a calculation of what you are getting, so they have to tell you what the net moveable estate is.

You should write to the solicitor confirming that you intend to claim your legal rights and that he should write to you once the estate has been ingathered.

So you're not pursuing a case, you're simply claiming on the estate and no one can oppose that claim.