UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

HI am a student in the uk and used to have the right

Customer Question

HI
am a student in the uk and used to have the right to work 10h?week after reaplying for a visa i just had a placement work and intership granted and last february after applying i was granted no work on my visa
my dad was taking care of my food rent transport and divers in the uk since 2011 but he is now retire and can no longer provide i would like to know what can i do to be able to work in this country to help me
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will wait

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, if you have only been given permission to work 10 hours a week then this is what you would need to continue working.

You are not the first person to complain regarding why students are not able to work longer hours so they can maintain themselves, but the fact is that if you are a student in the UK you can only work the hours allowed.

If you do need or want to work longer hours then you would need to switch to a different visa category, such as a tier 2 worker migrant visa which allows you to work in the UK, please see the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview

I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything further I can assist you with?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
kindly provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.