75100385

I have customers outside the EU who buy goods which I then

Customer Question

I have customers outside the EU who buy goods which I then export too outside the EU whist the purchase of goods and shipping of goods are two separate transactions, the part I am responsible for is the shipping once goods are paid for. My question is how long by law am I allowed to hold the goods prior to non payment of shipping charges before I destroy the item?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Do you have signed contracts with customers, if so what does it say about non payment?
Customer:

Hi Alex, the contract is still in the construction stages so to avoid put the wrong advice that I would later regret I thought it better to seek professional advice, the wording in the contract I wish to insert for my client outside the EU reads as follows "14 days destroy policy if the shipment remains unpaid for, storage charge after the grace period of 48 hrs will apply at the rate of 2.00gbp per day"

Alex Watts : Yes that is fine,
Alex Watts : As long as it is made clear in the terms and as long as you notify the party when the default occurs they have 14 days then there is nothing else you need to do.
Alex Watts : Its in your terms and you notify them.
Alex Watts : That is all that is required.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?