75100385

Concerning consumer protection.I purchased a computer from

Concerning consumer protection.I purchased a computer from Currys PC World, in High Wycombe in April this year.It worked very well untill the 26th.August when it failed to operate. I returned post haste with it to PC World as it has a years guarantee. I was informed rudely by a member of staff that the warranty did not cover soft ware and that my computer could take 28 days to be repaired,I feel that this is unacceptable.
I have tried to contact their head office two or three times via email without success.
Do I have to accept this very poor customer service,or can I simply ask for my money back!!
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Just for know let me know if I have understood you - it was purchased in April and in August there is a fault.

Alex Watts :

What is it you want Currys to do please?

Customer:

Refund my money

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

You have a limited time in which to reject goods under the Sale of Goods Act.

Customer:

So how does a 12 month guarantee work?

Alex Watts :

12 month guarantee does not mean they can refund within 12 months

Alex Watts :

It simply means they can repair for up to 12 months free of charge.

Alex Watts :

However you have some protection under the sale and supply of goods to consumers regulations 2002

Alex Watts :

This says that if goods are faulty within 6 months they are deemed faulty and it is up to Currys to show they are not.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you that was fine