Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Deeds were obtained by mike Holden from kelhams solicitors

Deeds were obtained by mike Holden from kelhams solicitors in Stamford Linc's he has now ceased trading what we could have happened to the deeds of my fathers property he has recently died. The property will need to be sold.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 2 years ago.
The Law Society which is the governing body for solicitors in the UK is well aware that solicitor's files can hold documents and information of value to clients. When a solicitor ceases trading, for whatever reason, he must either pass the files to another solicitor or the Law society will appoint another firm to take over the files. To answer your question the deeds may have been returned to the Land Registry by Kelhams before they ceased trading but you can check with the Law Society who is now dealing with their files if this was not done and they will be able to tell you who now has them . The Law Society will come up on your search engine.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply.
Best wishes
Michael