Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

How many executors can I have in my will I want my 5 child

How many executors can I have in my will I want my 5 children
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 years ago.
There can be a maximum of 4 executors but usually only 2 will be encouraged to actually take up the Grant of Probate. The reason for this is practical as all the executors may be required to sign documents and this can cause problems and delays with each document being sent round for signature by all 4. The reason 2 is considered ideal is that they can keep eye on each other. The notion goes back to the days when fraud was commonplace in such circumstances.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points, please reply
Best wishes
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Society of will writers told you me you can have as many as u like but the law only allows a max of 4 to act at the same time ,so that is wrong is it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did reply 2 hours ago am awaiting a reply
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It says I can ask a question ,you say if I have further points please reply which I did at z12.35 I have since received 7 emails asking for me too rate your performance or reply why are you ignoring my question sent at 12.35. I can't rate you because if I did it would mean I had finished which I have not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still waiting for your reply
I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I had terrible trouble posting a reply.
My answer was badly expressed. You can indeed name as many executors as you want but only a maximum of 4 can take up the Grant of probate and, for the reasons given, usually only 2 do.
Best wishes
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.