UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, I am brenda.ghanian by nationality.i was arrested in

Hello, I am brenda.ghanian by nationality.i was arrested in the uk 5yrs ago with a friend who shoplifted while shopping together. I had no idea what she was up to.we werw arrested, thumbprint was taken and released without charge.i would like to renew my visa for a medical visit.will I be refused.i did not disclose my nationality.i claimed I was british.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

When did you first come to the UK and on what visa are you currently on? When does it expire?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I first came to the uk in 2006.on a visiting visa.my last visa expired in 2011.i have not been able to renew because I got a new job and it is very demanding. But hav a health issue now and would like treatment in the uk.

You may apply for discretionary leave to remain in the UK if you have any compelling reasons you should be granted such leave e.g. human rights issues. The form to use is FLR(O).

If you are granted discretionary leave to remain, it will initially be for a period of 3 years after which you may apply for an extension of your leave for another 3 years. After 6 years, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain.

As your case is complex, I would suggest that you appoint a specialist firm of solicitors to assist with your application e.g. see here:
http://www.sunrisesolicitors.co.uk/immigration-applications/discretionary-leave-to-remain

Once you are granted discretionary leave, you will be able to access free treatment on the NHS.

May I help further?