75100385

Dear Sir/Madam, I have a problem with Vodafone. I bought

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have a problem with Vodafone. I bought a phone in Vodafone store at 21.03.2012 and 10 minutes later I gave it back and the salesman cancelled my contract without any payment.
I had other 2 different number in Vodafone, these number was finished on 04.2014.
I requested every bills about last 2 years and I saw that I payed this contract during 2 years. I sent a letter to Vodafone, I didn't get any answer. I rang them twice and they found the cancelled contract, they told me: it was Vodafone mistakes. I was cancelling it on 21.03.2012 and the Vodafone Central Office got it 24.03.2012.
The lady on phone told me they will ring me back during the next 5 days, but nobody rang me and it happened on 24.07.2014. I sent another letter to Vodafone, and I received they letter this Monday.
This is the letter:
"Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services regarding cancellation.
I have checked the account and can see that number *********** was active on the account on 25/03/2012. Further, I can see that we had received the cancellation request on 24/03/2012 (I was cancelling on 21.03.2012!) however the number was not active that time hence we were unable to schedule the cancellation would like to share with you that we can cancel an active number on our network only. However, after that we did not receive any request to cancel the number hence your account was active with us.
As you can appreciate that it’s up to an individual to keep a track of personal and financial records and the direct debit payments taken from the bank account. So that if any discrepancies can be brought to our notice and we can rectify it as soon as possible. As you didn’t contacted us until now your account remained active and you were charged line rental charges.
I have checked the account and confirm that number *********** was cancelled on 21/04/2014. I have discussed this case with my manager and we can now go ahead and offer credit of £156.00 on your account which is the line rental for last 6 months.
Please write back to us if you are agree to accept the offer please write back us with the confirmation.
We appreciate your co-operation and understanding in this matter."
I know the Vodafone did mistakes and they have to pay me back my money (all together £783.35). I don't know what can I do now!? I would like to get back my money, it wasn't my mistake!
Please give me an advice what can I do now!
Thank you for your help!
Kind regards,
Tunde Spanyol
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have I understood you when you say you want to claim back the whole of the £783 please?
Customer:

Hello Alex,

Customer:

Yes, I would like get back all of my money, of course!

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I will do this, thank you!

Customer:

Thanks for your help! I hope I will win this case!

Alex Watts :

Great. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer:

You wrote this: "You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days" It means that I need to send a letter to Vodafone or go straight away to Court. Because I sent a letter already, and I explain everything and I gave him 14 days to pay it me back. So, what would be the best. Send another letter or go to Court?

Alex Watts :

I would give them 14 days or say you will go to Court. If you mentioned Court in your last letter you can do this now. if you did not mention court then you need to resend and say about Court.

Alex Watts :

Does this help?

Customer:

I wrote it to Vodafone: "Should I not receive the money or a confirmation about starting the payment process until 01.09.2014, I will take further steps."

Customer:

After they sent me that letter what I showed you

Alex Watts :

Yes. Perhaps you should write, recorded and say you will go to Court.

Alex Watts :

You just need to be clear you will go to Court

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Ok. Then I will send to Vodafone another letter and I will write down your advices.

Customer:

Thank you Alex!

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer:

No, thanks. That was everything. Thank you!

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go - its the button at the bottom of the page. Thanks