75100385

hi i have been in contact with the financial Ombudsman since

hi
i have been in contact with the financial Ombudsman since March 2014 regarding a dispute with my Insurance Company.
We moved house in December 2011 and I requested by phone my Insurance Company to insure my belonging whilst they were in storage for 2 years as we were going to do a large amount of building work to our new home. In June last year when my wife and I were ready to accept our belonging back the stored items were found to be extensively damaged I phoned Direct Line to be told the damage was not covered on my policy and I would have to deal with the Removal Companies insurance which I did. The claim has now been settled the 108 items damaged I only received their Auction value not the new for old policy I paid Direct Line for. Direct Line simply returned my premiums and gave me a cheque for £75 as compensation.
The F.O. ombudsman wrote to me in April 2014 explaining I had received a poor level of service and had been mis-sold a policy and this is the normal pay out in these circumstances. This I do not understand I was not sold any policy to cover my belongings in storage Direct Line's advice on the phone was to continue paying my home insurance which i have had with Direct Line for over 20 years .
The £75 compensation is totally unacceptable as I responded to F.O.B.by email in April 2014 and after emailing them gain in August and making phone calls no response to date has been received.
Thank you for helping me
Geoffrey Allison
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know how much you are seeking to claim please?

Customer:

Hi Alex

Alex Watts :

Customer:

we can prove loses of over £2000

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment from the insurers within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

yes why does the Financial Omsbudman sort this out for me?

Alex Watts :

I don't know - civil servants I guess!

Customer:

is this a strong case

Alex Watts :

No one will ever say you have 100%. But I think you have more than 50% which is all you need to prove a claim in Court

Customer:

how much would u charge to take it on

Alex Watts :

Sadly it is against site rules for me to be instructed. In any event as a small claim you can't claim legal representation costs back.

Alex Watts :

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer:

no u have been very helpful

Customer:

thank you

Alex Watts :

Thank you, ***** ***** could invite you to take a moment to rate before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom