75100385

Type your legal question here I sold my house (Slater

Type your legal question here I sold my house (Slater Collier Urmston acted for me) in 2007,
and rented the house off the buyer. It was agreed that a retention of £5000 would be held by the buyer.The retention was never used and the buyer has since sold the house .I wrote to the buyer in May to ask for the return of the money but he appears to have ignored my letter. Where do I stand with this, what course of action should I take.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :