Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

There is a bankruptcy notice against a propertys land registry

There is a bankruptcy notice against a property's land registry title. How do you remove it?
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Is the owner of the property still bankrupt? Or did the owner buy the property from a bankrupt?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, the owner didn't buy the property from a bankrupt. The owner became the registered proprietor in 1996. Bankruptcy notice was entered in 2010 relating to a petition in bankruptcy against the named owner. THe owner subsequently agreed to a payment plan with the debtor and only a small amount of the debt is outstanding now. The purchaser would like the notice removed.

Has the bankruptcy petition been withdrawn?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How would we find out?

You would have to ask the person that issued the petition.
Is the property owned jointly or by one person?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, it's owned by one person

Assuming the petition has been withdrawn the owner will need to submit an application to change the register using a form AP1.
The owner will also need to confirm with the creditor that they have withdrawn the bankruptcy petition.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ