75100385

Good evening a friend of mine is tryng to apply for a job in

Good evening a friend of mine is tryng to apply for a job in a primary school .About 25 years ago she has been arrested in UK because she was with a man that has got some drugs. Both of them therefore were charged with possesion of drug She went back to Italy because her mother was very ill.She never went to court .Now the question is at the moment she lives in UK but she is scared that she will not get the job in the school because they are going to check her criminal records .Thanks a lot in advance for the answer
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what drugs she was classed with and how many convictions there are please?

Customer:

heroin

Customer:

the police stopped them they were taking drugs

Customer:

I am still waiting for an answer

Alex Watts :

You do not need to worry. There are new rules that have come into force with what were CRB (now DBS) checks.

Alex Watts :

They include filtering out offences etc

Alex Watts :

If you go to:

Alex Watts :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-list-of-offences-that-will-never-be-filtered-from-a-criminal-record-check

Alex Watts :

You will see a list of offences that will never be filtered - so as long as it does not show on this list (which possession does not) then it wont show on a DBS check.

Alex Watts :

Therefore she can get a job in the UK.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today plese?

Customer:

thanks a lot for now