UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Im South African and was granted indefinite leave to remain

I'm South African and was granted indefinite leave to remain in 2009, but my stamped passport expired in 2011. I've got a new passport but this is not stamped with my indefinite leave to remain. I'm due to travel to SA end of next week, but I'm worried whether I'm going to have problem with my travel documents. Do I need to apply for the Indefinite to remain to be transfered into my current passport? How much it costs and how long is the application process as I'm boooked to travel by Friday next week?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You do not need to apply to transfer your indefinite leave to remain visa to your new passport, you simply have to carry both your old and new passports together and you are fine to travel out of the UK and come back.
May I help further?