75100385

If a labour ward councillor instructs the labour council solicitor,

Customer Question

If a labour ward councillor instructs the labour council solicitor, based in London to act on her behalf on two occasions, one case was to handle a small claim of spreading malicious falsehoods about me and the other to accuse me a member of the general public of harassment, would this be financed by the council. I have been informed that all councillors pay into an insurance that gives them the support off the Labour Party Political Solicitor, but I would have thought that private matters would not be covered. How would it be possible to find this out?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

As for as being financed by the Council, if it was in the course of her business as a Councillor then yes it would be funded by the Council

Alex Watts :

As for whether or not there is a fund you would need to write and ask under the Freedom of Information Act.

Alex Watts :

You need to ask the question first whether such a fund exists

Alex Watts :

Then if it does whether or not this Councillor has paid into it

Alex Watts :

You may not get the answer to the second one as this is private information under the Data Protection Act

Alex Watts :

But if the conduct was in the course of business as a Councillor then yes the Council, or insurance would pay for this

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-tx7nnkba- : The first case was my taking the woman not the councillor to the small claims court regarding her posting something untrue on her private face book page. The second was the current one of her claiming I am harassing her the person not the councillor. Her family have posted threats towards me, and I was making enquiries about her to try to see the seriousness of the threats
Alex Watts :

In that case the Council will not be funding it.

Alex Watts :

It is a private matter

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

But she may have legal cover on her own insurance, ie car or home

JACUSTOMER-tx7nnkba- : The solicitor's portfolio only seems to consist of cases were the code of conduct has been compromised, but nothing privately. The other thing is that the last time I made an enquiry on this sight it could be found on the internet, this is being used against me as well
Alex Watts :

The site is public but once you rate I can lock it

Alex Watts :

The Solicitor can take on whatever case they want - it does not have to be limited to the code.

Alex Watts :

Your personal details are not public so you can not be traced

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/