UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My cleaning company fails to provide a statement or breakdown

Customer Question

My cleaning company fails to provide a statement or breakdown of my account so I declined to pay my last invoice until I get a statement to understand what I paid for. The current cleaning lady left without notice and when I contacted the manager she attacked me over the phone for not paying the bill, talked over me and eventually hung up on me. How can I complain? She is the managing director and the franchiser and I do not have any details of the trade or head office (not on line)
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
What is the name of this cleaning company?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"Time for you", based in Horsham West Sussex

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still awaiting your reply

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
too long to wait. you boast immediate answers
What action would you like to take over this?
Hello,Sorry, I was offline.I am afraid if you are not getting anywhere with the Managing Director herself, then there is not much else you can do other than to move on from this company to another cleaning company.If you are entitled to ask for statements of account under your contract with this company, then they should have been provided to you and you quite rightly asked for these statements. However, it seems that the company does not value your custom and you should take your business elsewhere rather than waste time trying to complain against this company. You are entitled to write your honest opinion on the service you received from this company on online review sites to warn other people about them.You may also send a letter of complaint to the company's registered address belowTime For You Limited 'Plantation House'19 Standing Stones,Great Billing,Northampton,NN3 9HAMay I help further?
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience

I see you have requested me on another post but you can ask follow up questions here.

Did you mean to accept my colleague's answer or were you trying to communicate with me? We can sort it out at our end if that is the case.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I like your approach. Your colleague's answer is good but I need to know more about how I can protect myself in case I have been overcharged, and do not have access to a statement. I was thinking of complaining to the trading standards - would that be advisable?

Sorry but if you intended to accept my colleague's answer then I will leave this for him.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help.

Yes you can complain to a trading standards. Their website is

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/