13262538

We have been separated for 3 years and am preparing for the

Customer Question

We have been separated for 3 years and am preparing for the Questionnaire to his Form E. How far back can i ask for his bank and credit card statements, as what he put on the form E are all lies?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
It is usual to ask for two years worth of statements - but in these circumstances asking for three years would not be unreasonable - or even more if you have reason to suspect that he was hiding money before then
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually I am prepared to ask for 5 years of statements, 2 years prior to our separation. How far can I go back (I mean, more than five years) on grounds that he planned the divorce well before our separation intended to start a new life/relationship with the assets that he hided from me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Clare,

I had made a reply/question to your answere but yet to receive your further explaination on your answere. My last question is:

I am prepared to ask for 5 years of statements, 2 years prior to our separation. I would like to know the ulmost limit of years of statements that i can request on the ground that i heavily suspect my hus had planned for a divorce to start a new life/relationship with the hidden assets.

Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"Satisfaction is fully guaranteed!

You will be able to ask follow-up questions until you are fully satisfied. You will then rate your Expert's service to determine his or her credit for helping you."

Please make a reply to my follow-up question before I can do the rating. I already know it is normally 2 years statement before i my contacting you, but want to know if there is a "limit of years" the the court will accept.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I am sorry - I was offline for a couple of days due to court commitments because you re listed the question it did not turn up on my list when I was back online.
Technically - if you can show a genuine reason for needing past statements then you can go back as far as necessary.
However the court will not sanction a "fishing expedition" such as you are suggesting and you will struggle to convince the court that there is any reason for going back even five years UNLESS you have clear evidence of assets or income that have simply disappeared and cannot be traced.
If you can do that then you can go back as far as necessary